Beautiful! Our new favorite thing!
It was a combination of the beautiful design of the curved screen along with the outstanding picture quality that drew us to this TV.
The TV speaker sound quality is really good, especially considering there is so little space for speakers in this extremely thin TV, but for the best sound you really need to have a surround sound system. If you don't have one, you don't know what you're missing - it adds so much to the whole experience.
It was very easy to set up and has a lot of features - most of which we will probably never use. The "Smart TV" options are not something important to us, but it seems like all the "high-end" TVs include some sort of smart features. If you want a quality TV, you get all those extras along with it.
We do really like the 3D features, however, we were disappointed with the lack of 3D movies available to buy. This is something I've never been interested in...until I watched Gravity in 3D on this TV. It's pretty awesome and looks great. The 3D glasses it comes with are quite comfortable and the quality is fantastic.
The voice-activated features are cool, but somewhat of a novelty. I doubt we will use them a lot. One of the voice commands I was excited about using is "what movies are on right now." It displays a list of all movies, but unfortunately, it includes channels we don't subscribe to. We edited the guide in the TV to remove those channels, but it still shows us channels we don't have. If this feature worked, I would use it regularly, but as it is, it's not worth much. It's possible there may be a delay and after the guide updates it could work correctly.
We like the IR remote for quickly accessing menu items (it also comes with a standard remote), but we actually prefer our Sony universal remote to both of these.
I recommend getting the Disney WOW DVD for help with setting up the picture options. The out-of-the box settings are way off (IMHO) and this DVD makes it easy.
We've only had the TV for a couple of weeks, so we are still experimenting with the different settings and so far we love it.
All that it should be--easy to setup--amazing picture
I waited two weeks to write this review, I wanted to be sure, and helpful to others. Buy it! Curved screen is awesome. Picture has depth and 3D look when it is not 3D. Very little side fade--hard to notice any. I can't imagine needing more from a viewing experience--you feel like you are watching in a theater. Sound is good and has surround feel and audio. TV weighs about 30 pounds unboxed (48 inch). Lifted it and set it up with no help (I am over 70). stand was easy to install.
Easy setup and good directions for quick start guide and setup. Basically connects to the internet automatically if you are using a wireless network--finds it in 2 seconds or less and asks for your security code or PIN---enter it, and you are connected, and, all features are working on new TV. Then you choose your preferances, it guides you through a personal setup menu geared to your habits. Setup took about 15 minutes being careful and methodical.
Great new kind of remote is included, and is great if you Game, Facebook, Tweet or use your TV for social media interacting--I don't, but like the remote.
I have DirecTV and I like the remote with the Genie DVR so I programmed the Directv remote to operate everything and saved the new remote for just in case.---DIRECTV REMOTE PROGRAM CODE FOR THIS SAMSUNG THAT WORKED FOR ME ---10814
You will get a choice of 4 pre-set picture types or qualities in setup--- the one that is the most realistic is ----MOVIE--select it---then you can adjust contrast and brightness on all 4 easily--MOVIE was perfect with no adjustments for all types of programs---the other modes are STANDARD---or---DYNAMIC --or---? (can't remember 4th one) It is easy to go to setup menu at anytime and change the setting.
Has 4 pair of nice 3D glasses with batteries that are activitated and paired with the TV easily. You turn on the glasses and TV pairs with them.
OnlineShopDealer special delivery was very good, was delivered by special van exactly as scheduled, they unboxed, checked to make sure screen was not damaged and hooked up to power to make sure that was OK. offered to take the box and packing, but I kept for a few days in case of return. Delivery people were polite and helpful, wanted to make sure I was totally satisfied before they left. Very pleased---Love shopping and buying at AMAZON--my store for everything.
Outstanding and Amazing
If you are willing to spend big on a television, this is what you should buy.
Why I like it -
1. This is eligible for concierge service for free if you buy from OnlineShopDealer. Un-boxing and installing was extremely easy and took less than 5
minutes. Everything was done by the concierge service.
2. This television is actually smart and programs itself accordingly based on how you use it.
3. Picture quality is amazing. I was amazed to see how good Netflix and OnlineShopDealer prime instant video was
4. You get two remotes with it. One is the big, standard remote with lots of buttons. The other is a small remote that fits into your hand it is
really good for browsing.
5. Amazing 3D viewing. Too bad my internet wasn't fast enough to stream 3D movies from Netflix without buffering.
6. The curved panel is something i haven't seen before and it is really cool. It also helps in side angle viewing
7. I have both a PS and a XBOX 360. I connected my PS3 with an HDMI cable and the picture quality was amazing. XBOX 360 was not too
bad compared to the PS3 and that is probably because I connected it with a component cable rather than HDMI.
8. Sound quality is pretty good. Though, in my opinion, one should get a BOSE home theater system with this if they are willing to spend that
kind of money.
9. Some of the things that I have not tried yet - Connect smart devices through an app, share a folder from a laptop, play media from a usb
Issues: So far I have seen only one.
1. This happens with Netflix only. Sometimes if you are having internet problems or you have logged into Netflix from too many devices, then
when you click on the Netflix icon, the screen will go dark and you will not be able to navigate to any other screens. You will then have to
turn the television off and on again to see the smart hub screen again. Most likely this is a problem with the samsung smart hub software. It
would have been nice if I could just quit out of the program if it isn't responding.
Bottom line: This television is worth its price. The picture quality is no less than 4K. Also there are not much 4K content and it will take years before it is widely available. Besides, who knows, 4K might be taken over by some other technology in the next few years. Right now, this is probably the best television that is out there.
Setting up the Samsung Curve TV
My husband had little or no problems in setting up the TV even at his age of 93.
Complaints from others seem unfounded, my husband says! The TV picture is fantastic,
our only fear is that the TV may be smarter than we are....
The Best HDTV EVER! (Better than UHD...technically and visually). Revisit UHD in 4-5 Years.
This is by far and away the BEST TV I have ever owned. First, for introduction, I was on the government research team that developed High Definition TV standards back in the early 80's. This TV delivers everything HDTV promised to deliver. There are a few key features and benefits anyone contemplating a HDTV (or UHDTV) set should know.
1) HDTV is a mature technology, all the research and improvements over the past 15 years appear in this set. Namely a)almost Jitter-free motion compensation (fast moving objects do not "smear"); b) The MPEG4 format (used to transmit video) has been tweeked to encode information dense pixels in a fashion that is easily handled by the quad-4 processor in the TV.; c) The backlit LEDs give uniform picture intensity and hue
2)This is the standard for TVs for at least the next 5-7 years. Since this is a "Smart TV" any software updates can be easily implemented. These include any changes to MPEG or video interpolation algorithms that may come along (these are always under study by certain agencies
3) This Samsung set is "better" than any UHD TV you can buy. To explain, UHD content (see bullet 4) has to be encoded with an "upsampling" algorithm. As an expert in the field, I can tell you there is a reduction in resolution when a UHD TV converts the standard broadcast signal. You will notice the pixel "blocking" around almost every edge (appropriately called the edge effect). This leads to a major annoyance when watching anything moving faster than a snail. This Samsung "regular" HD beats UHD hands down. If the technical explanation does not convince you, play the 4K signal (the endless loop the electronic stores use to promote UHD on this TV. If you stand the recommended 7 to 11 foot viewing distance you will see the picture quality for sure.
4) This set works fantastic NOW! don't get pulled into the UHD hype. UHD is a marketing ploy to get you to buy a new TV. There are many issues to resolve (meanwhile you are watching a very "blocky" picture for heaven knows how long). Consider: a) There are no TV shows broadcasting in UHD (with no timetable to implement); b) The salesperson will say there are 4K movies on NetFlix...just ask how many; c) If you stream a 4k movie from the 5 or 6 available, chances are your bandwidth (anything less than 50MB/s) does not keep up, which is OK if you want to watch a 2 hour movie in 6 hours; d) There is limited to no video equipment to actually collect the data and imagine how many dollars TV broadcasters will have to pay; e) There is no standard for transmission (SONY is pushing their format ala BetaMax)); f) There is not enough bandwidth on the current DirecTV satellites and Comcast cables to handle every station getting upgraded and g) once your viewing distance is beyond 7.8 feet your eye cannot resolve the difference anyway.
BOTTOM LINE: if you are a serious video consumer, or if you want the best picture possible, get this TV!!!!
We watched football all day yesterday with my "crew"...no one wanted to leave the TV room...I'm still trying to get them away from the TV :)
Pricey But Worth Every Penny!
This television is amazing! I wanted to upgrade my old Samsung LED to this years model and I can't believe the picture quality and what I was missing. Do yourself a favor and buy this television you wont regret it.
I work in the cable business. All I do is see different televisions all day long. I currently own a 59 inch plasma tv. If I could go back I would purchase this one right here. The view makes you feel like you are in the movies. It doesn't matter what you are watching from sports to movies the picture quality is awesome.
View and Read this Review for More Information.
I brought this TV and I must say I love it. The standard setting sucks so I have an Apple TV and I download THX tune-up to calibrate my TV and it looks amazing. The 65 is huge but it does look good. When using Vevo App I do find that I have problems turning up and down the volume. Also when using apps such as Netflix, OnlineShopDealer Instant, M-Go, Youtube and etc I have connections issues with the wireless internet. I currently have Comcast and I have tested my internet speed and I am paying for 105mpbs but I get around 175mpbs. There are times when the TV when say that my internet connection is lost but I believe there is a problem with Samsung wifi in the TV. I also brought the camera to use motion control and voice control. The Motion control does not work always sometime it will recognize my hand and at times when i'm watching TV it will recognize my hand when I do not want to use motion control. The TV comes with 2 remotes I personal like the bigger remote better the smaller remote has a sensor on the front of it that you can point at the TV put it does not work property. The 3D is amazing on this TV I have use Netflix and Comcast ondeamd and the image is amazing. This TV does have a few bugs but I figure that Samsung will get them worked out soon. The TV sound is awesome you don't need another speaker or sound bar this TV has great sound with bass and highs. I also have a Samsung LCD touch screen washer and dryer and the TV notifies me when the cycle is done. I like that feature. It's a good TV I would recommend this tv to anyone who is checking it out.
Best home television I have seen
I am writing this review as a consumer who doesn't know all the technical terms and parts that make up this television. I bought this television after looking at dozens to possible about 100 models (of course cutting many off the list in seconds). I wanted a top of the line television. I removed price for the math and only interest was which television was the best. The picture quality on this television is the best I have seen on a home television. I love the curved aspect. I read all the reviews on here previous to making the purchase and I'm not sure if anybody recently pointed this out but I think it is important to mention. For me the curved aspect only works when you are facing the center. You can't look at a curved screen and expect to enjoy it to the fullest amount possible if you take advantage of the design. The curve is designed in my opinion to limit your use of peripheral vision on a large screen and focus the ends back towards your natural line of sight. After owning the tv for couple of months I forget the tv is curved when the screen is on and I'm watching something. To touch briefly on the options. It gives you many options to adjust how the screen displays an image. I have been able to make many pleasant configurations. I believe that you could adjust the television to display a image to almost any way (dark, light, optimized for motion, optimized for dark room, etc) if you take a couple of minutes and tweak the settings. The 3D aspect is good. I only have one other tv to compare it to which was also a samsung (tv still running strong.) so my opinion on the 3D is pretty biased. All and all though, I will leave the 3D opinion to; I like it. Ultimately, much of what you will want to know is on the spec page. The stuff that I didn't fully understand, many reviews told me that the terminology is more associated with the company that makes the tv and should be taking with a grain of sand. What I mean by my last sentence is if you read a term like "white balance" which I just made up and it is only used by for example samsung than it is simple an option or process that they have coined a name to describe.
In short; I did a lot of research into reading into which television was the highest rated with consumers. This television seemed to show promise in every place that I looked. I was very skeptical if the high price tag would be justified in the quality and enjoyment it would provide. I feel that it has been justified. I would not pay anymore than I did but I think this television is a monster so to speak, i.e, up there with the best, of the large screen televisions available and I don't regret this purchase. I am very happy with my decision to go with this model.
Buy with confidence!
So I picked this tv up at best buy. I originally bought the Sony Bravia w850b 70IN. I got it home and was very unimpressed so I returned it and picked up this beautiful, curved 65 inch piece of awesomeness. The Operating system is functional and fast and amazing, the 3d is absolutely breathtaking and doesnt lose quality in any way. HD programming has never looked better. This is exactly what I think a tv should be. I dont regret or question my purchase in any way. When I got the sony home and set up, I wondered if I had gotten the best deal and also whether or not I could have found a comparable screen for cheaper. I was unhappy with the functionality and the remote. I had NONE of these thoughts when the samsung was set up and was super happy I had it. The curved screen is great and it really does add depth and greater contrast. I have this tv mounted on a swivel mount stand and could not be happier.I cant speak to the levels of customer service of Samsumg or anything like that but as far as quality, buy with confidence. This is the best TV I have EVER owned.